Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Tick, tick... boom! was amazing and I think we should talk about it more.

I hope this thread is okay, and this topic hasn't been talked about to death, though I haven't seen much love for this movie and I don't get why. It blew my mind. I've watched it for the second time today and I found it even more exciting, moving and emotionally devastating as the first time.

I went into this movie with exactly zero expectations, never been much of a fan of Garfield, didn't particularly care for Lin Manuel Miranda, didn't know the Jonathan Larson story except for the basic facts. I checked it out simply out of mild curiosity, and by the end of it I bawled for an hour.

I don't know if it's because I'm simply relating a little too hard to the story of the struggling thirty year old trying to make a living out of art and not compromise in a world that only demands a specific kind of commercial productivity - but I can't get over it. Not only I think it was beautifully directed (the scene of Johnny running in the park comes to mind, something about it hit me hard with its despair, nonsensical restlessness, with how real it felt), the music was great (I'd quote my favorite songs but it'd probably be all of them) but I think it managed to tell a powerful story that's even more important in a time like this, when so many of us are struggling to find our place in a world that gets more and more suffocating by the minute.

I'm sad it didn't get a Best Picture nomination, I think it would've been more than deserving of it.

I'd also like to point out that I'm no expert of movies whatsoever, I'm just a regular movie lover - and so rarely I get the feeling, when I watch a movie, that I immediately wanna watch it again, but I did with this one. Both times.



Submitted February 20, 2022 at 02:37AM by thefrayedfiles https://ift.tt/dEVfKIx

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health