Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Death on the Nile (HBO Max)

I was looking forward to Nile, as I really enjoyed Murder on the Orient Express. Suffice it to say, it took me two nights to waddle through this inferior film. It was not enjoyable. In fact, watching it felt like a chore. There were a few high points, like the performances of Annette Benning, Jennifer Saunders, & Russell Brand. However, the two that really needed to hit it out of the park to make this movie work – Gal Gadot & Armie Hammer - lacked fire. They both looked the part, and they both recited their lines well; however, neither had the “it” factor that these roles needed. To put it bluntly, they are no Johnny Depp or Michelle Pfeiffer.

Another big problem I had with this movie was the cinemaphotography. It was too perfect. The entire film looked like it had been wiped down with Pledge (lemon scent.) Even when Poirot was touring the pyramids in the desert, there wasn’t one blemish or one thing out of place. Don't even get me started on the CGI that was used in a couple of underwater shots.

I do love these elaborately casted Who dunnit’s?, but Nile did not do it for me. Was anyone else disappointed?



Submitted April 24, 2022 at 10:41PM by LeeF1179 https://ift.tt/fKqGIsd

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health