Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Tomorrow Never Dies was way ahead of its time

I was around 7/8 when Tomorrow Never Dies came out so I can't remember the initial response to it, however I do remember later hearing how pathetic the main villain is, as well as questioning how we can find a 'newspaper businessman' scary. I've always loved the Bond films, and even I jumped onto this opinion. Jonathan Pryce is great but the villain doesn't live in a hollowed out volcano or has a pool of sharks, but rather just runs his own newspaper business. How is that scary?

Jump forward to 2022, and I believe Elliot Carver is the most realistically scary villains the franchise has hand. This is a character who used the media and his own newspaper to change the narrative of what is going on in the world, thus nearly starting a war between countries. Whilst we've not had it to this degree, there are many examples out there of newspapers who have lied and purposely twisted a story to make the audience side to their point of view. Everyone will surely have witnessed an example of this.

Tomorrow Never Dies may have been seen as fantasy back in the 90's, but 2 decades later, in my opinion, is closer to the truth than expected. It's why I always feel Jonathan Pryce portrays one of the best representation of a Bond villain in the series.



Submitted August 14, 2022 at 08:01AM by simboharding https://ift.tt/h5ywGet

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health