Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I never understood why Kevin Smith was so self-deprecating about Mallrats, a movie I loved. Then I saw the extended cut...

Mallrats was released at the perfect time for me. By no means my favourite movie, but I've seen it so many times that I know every line. It is a quintessential 90s comedy. As great as the movie is, I've often wondered why Kevin Smith teases himself as "that guy who made Mallrats".

Last night my wife and I watched the "extended cut", and goddamn it is pretty terrible. Most of the stuff we love is in there, but there is so much other crap that does not work at all. The pacing is terrible, and it is nowhere nearly as punchy. The original version really has no lulls, but the extra 30 minutes in the extended cut is nothing but. I told my wife that the editor (who is apparently Paul Dixon) deserves an oscar for improving just about every aspect of the film.



Submitted December 18, 2022 at 06:07AM by josephwb https://ift.tt/gyDhscb

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health