Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I got my reddit username into a major motion picture! (Missing, releasing this Friday)

I was really into the movie Searching (2018), starring John Cho. I analyzed all the Easter eggs the creators hid throughout the movie, and posted about them on /r/movies and /r/moviedetails. (Some examples, if you’re curious: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9)

The writer/producer of the movie, /u/sevohanian, is very active on reddit and started replying to my posts - acknowledging my more obscure finds, validating or rejecting my off-the-wall theories, and hinting at additional details I’d missed. It was really cool to have such direct access to a real filmmaker.

Two years later, Sev and his team started production on a sequel to Searching. He asked if it'd be OK to use my Reddit username as an Easter egg in the new movie, as an homage to all the analysis I’d done. I said hell yes!

Now fast forward to last week. The sequel, called Missing, is about to release. Sev contacts me again, and invites me to the red carpet premiere! I fly out to LA, get to hang out with the entire creative team - writers, directors, producers, editors, actors. I felt really out of place at first, but somehow they all knew who I was (“That reddit guy!”) Had a blast talking about our favorite Easter eggs, and getting some behind-the-scenes insight into the new movie.

If you liked Searching, you'll probably like Missing. They both utilize the movie-told-on-a-computer-screen concept very creatively, and both have a lot of tension, excitement, humor, and unexpected turns. Plus there are tons of Easter eggs and references to the original movie hidden throughout...including my username.



Submitted January 17, 2023 at 02:22PM by plw37 https://ift.tt/e3ZXxgY

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health