Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What is the most surreal movie scene you have ever seen?

I just finished watching Saving Private Ryan for maybe the 3rd or 4th time the whole way through, and most of it is as I remembered, however this time whenever watching the death scene of Irwin Wade, I was completely drawn in and felt like I was with the squad watching this man go through all five stages of grief in a scene under 5 minutes long.

Firstly, I have to mention the bleeding of Wade's wounds. The bleeding of his wounds just flowing and flowing without stopping after they clean his torso off over and over with water is almost nauseating. This was the most convincing and "realistic" depiction of "bleeding out" I've seen in a movie or on TV. Not only that but the sheer panic and fumbling around with medical instruments of Wade's squad mates as they try to help him set the tone for the whole scene as being out of their control.

The way that Wade goes from scared, but hopeful that it isn't as bad as he thought or that they can still stop the bleeding, to realizing when his hand is guided to his wound that "is bleeding more than the others" he screams out in panic and realization "Oh god, my liver." as he knew he was dying at exactly that moment.

There are so many parts of this scene that are just so grisly and surreal it is hard to think of any scene in any other movie of any genre that genuinely made me feel emotions like this scene did. I felt sympathy, empathy, fear, and an actual knot in my stomach during the entire scene up until Wade died.

Do you have any scenes that stand out as making you feel this way? I literally watched the movie last night and have been thinking about Wade's death in particular the entire day today and how amazing it is that a film can make me feel grief in a way.



Submitted March 15, 2023 at 08:16AM by RSzpala https://ift.tt/TXolNph

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health