Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Nudity Making a Comeback in Cinema? (NSFWSpoilers)

I've noticed an interesting trend with this summer's high-profile movies. Several of them they feature nude scenes (in some cases, full frontal) with A-list actors. Examples:

Asteroid City: ScarJo goes full frontal in a "blink and you'll miss it" moment. This one shocked me as I don't believe I've ever seen full frontal portrayed in a PG-13 movie before. A lot of families saw this movie so I'm sure the scene raised more than a few eyebrows.

The Flash: There's a scene of Ezra Miller running around buck naked with his ass hanging out. Given all the controversy around Miller, I found this part to be in hilariously bad taste and am shocked that WB left it in the final cut. I thought it was wildly entertaining but can see why some folks would be offended.

No Hard Feelings: Jennifer Lawrence beats a bunch of people up while she's fully naked

It looks like the trend is continuing with Oppenheimer, as media outlets are reporting that Florence Pugh goes full frontal with Cillian Murphy.

I've always thought that Hollywood has taken a really prude attitude towards showcasing nudity in films, especially over the last decade and a half. The MPAA/studios have always been permissive when it comes to on-screen violence, but extremely conservative in terms of nudity, which is a non-sensical double-standard.

That's why, in my opinion, this influx of nudity in mainstream films feels refreshing. I think this could be a positive trend in cinema. I'd like to add that the scenes mentioned above didn't feel like they were objectifying the performer in any way.

Curious to hear the sub's thoughts on this topic. Is this a result of society becoming more okay with nudity in entertainment, Hollywood leaning more into the concept of "sex sells", or something else entirely?



Submitted July 09, 2023 at 08:47AM by badassj00 https://ift.tt/MQOqVdU

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health