Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

In Bruges (2008\)

Since I enjoyed the latest collaboration between Martin McDonagh (writer/director), Colin Farrell, and Brendan Gleeson, I decided to go back to their first effort. In Bruges is a movie I’ve heard a lot about, and I’m sorry I didn’t give it a look sooner.

Just like in The Banshees of Inisheerin, I found wonderful performances, tight dialog, and a suspenseful story. Bruges is more conventional, being a story about hit men and their job-related struggles.

Along with the two main characters, there are quality supporting roles for Ralph Fiennes and Clémence Poésy (that French girl in Harry Potter movies).

As this movie was actually filmed in Bruges (a city in Belgium), the countryside is replaced with the streets of a quaint European town. I don’t want to reveal too much about the twists and turns of the delightful story, but there are many Chekov’s Guns introduced that pay off in spectacular fashion as the movie progresses.

I loved this movie… I loved it a lot. I would give it 5/5 stars. In Bruges is in my Top 100 favorite movies list.



Submitted August 13, 2023 at 11:19PM by Shocho https://ift.tt/qEHdKUR

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health