How is Reign of Fire not the biggest cult classic?
This movie friggin rules.
It’s got McConaughey and Christian Bale before they were cool.
Reign of Fire McConaughey >>>>>>>>>>>
It’s got Gerard Butler and Christian Bale acting out Star Wars as tradition for the post-apocalyptic settlement children, which is something that is truly, genuinely great. It’s got badass dragons. And I mean badass dragons. The CGI holds up impossibly well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD-pR0SuhNY&t=13s
The posters and marketing, I remember, promised large scale humans vs. dragons battles but I could not have been happier that they were incredibly misleading. Going the humans vs. one-dragon-at-a-time route is immensely more satisfying than an all-out CGI jerk-off fest. Especially at the end when they battle the massive male dragon instead of battling an army of thousands of dragons.
And it has a crazy-dialed-up-to-11 McConaughey LEAPING TOWARD A DRAGON WITH AN AXE. I know I laughed the first time I watched it, and I still laugh when I see it to this day, but it’s not a “this is unintentionally funny” laugh, it’s a “holy shit, this is awesome” laugh. My favorite laughs are when something just delights me so much. This is one of those things.
AND it has a skydiving scene that I think puts Godzilla 2014’s HALO jump scene to bed. The dragon scenes are intense as fuck.
I totally understand that this is a cheesy, B-movie but, man, is it a goddamn fun one.
If you overlooked this movie, I think it’s worth going back to if for no other reason than to at least see the crazed gleam in McConaughey’s eyes before he LEAPS FROM A TOWER TOWARD A DRAGON.
I love this movie so goddamn much.
Submitted January 05, 2017 at 01:22AM by BlurghUsername http://ift.tt/2iIWHP4
Không có nhận xét nào: