Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I noticed a bizarre reference to The Crow (1994) in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (1995)

While working from home tonight, I put on the 1995 Power Rangers movie for my kids to watch. When Ivan Ooze creates the Tengu warriors, the instrumental playing caught my ear. It sounded like a WCW-style knockoff of The Cure's "Burn" from The Crow Soundtrack. "Oh because they're crows. That's a bizarre joke to put in there."

So I went deeper. I needed to find the song. I went through the score for Power Rangers track by track, but came up with nothing. So I went track by track on the soundtrack and hit paydirt: "Firebird" by Graeme Revell.

So googling that, the song was only released on the soundtrack for Power Rangers. Then I searched for "graeme revell firebird the cure", hoping to find that someone else might have found the similarity. The wiki for The Crow Soundtrack was in the first results, with this blurb of note:

"The other music in the film which is not included in the soundtrack is instead on The Crow: Original Motion Picture Score of original, mostly orchestral music, with some electronic and guitar elements, written for the film by Graeme Revell."

Checking out Revell himself, he also scored Power Rangers. Okay, so that's why they sound the same. Pretty cool, right? So I looked at The Crow's score, hoping to find "Firebird" on there, thinking it was just reused for Power Rangers.

NOPE! "Firebird" is only on Power Rangers. Hearing its obvious similarity to "Burn", I can only assume that Revell composed this track for two possible reasons: As a joke/reference to the Tengu being crows, or it's an unused piece of music from The Crow.

"Firebird" - https://youtu.be/1u00za1TwSM

"Burn" - https://youtu.be/mfTkL-ZHDCY

Edit: After listening to more of "Firebird" after 45 seconds it starts to sound like Nine Inch Nails' "Dead Souls" also from The Crow Soundtrack. Dead Souls: https://youtu.be/sDHqywS6un0

Edit 2: The reason "Firebird" is not on the Power Rangers score is because it was not originally composed for the film. It's currently almost midnight and I fear this will consume me. I am currently in pursuit of the liner notes to see which label "Firebird" was licensed from. If you don't get an update from me by the morning, it means I have gone too far into this conspiracy and I may have met the consequences of revealing this information. Please continue my life's work, if only for my children to grow up knowing that their father's sacrifice was not in vain.

Edit 3: I found the credits for "Firebird", but it has lead me to a dead end. Dead end. Dead. Like Brandon Lee. Is this the end?

  1. Firebird Guitar – Carl Verheyen Soloist, Guitar – Buckethead Written-By, Producer – Graeme Revell

Track 11 recorded at Bolero Studios, Los Angeles, CA. Published by Fox Film Music Corporation (BMI)

http://ift.tt/2oWUGQf

Edit 4: Carl/Karl Verheyen is credited as the guitarist on "Firebird" as well as The Crow's score. http://ift.tt/2owyrOW Thinking that he may collaborate often with Revell, I looked up the MMPR score on discogs: No Verheyen! Further evidence that "Firebird" could have been unused for The Crow? Possibly. Buckethead is also the soloist on "Firebird". That's a weird choice for MMPR, but fits right in with The Crow.



Submitted April 21, 2017 at 09:26AM by TVsRobLowe http://ift.tt/2p1rdX7

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health