Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Just got home from a Wonder Woman screener

Before I start, we were told at the beginning that we are allowed to talk about the movie in general terms, but we aren't allowed to give any details until Monday. I intend to stick to that requirement, regardless of the relative anonymity of reddit.

I caught a screener presentation of Wonder Woman tonight at the Cinemark West Plano in Plano, TX. I've been a fan of the character since the days when Lynda Carter was my first celebrity crush. Other kids had Heather and Christie posters on their walls, I had...well, I had those, but I also had Lynda Carter reminding me why I loved America. I credit her as the genesis of my lifelong love of strong Latinas.

Anyway...I went in with mixed expectations. High because of the awesomeness that was Gal Gadot in Batman vs Superman and low, well, because of everything else that was Batman vs Superman.

In a single sentence: It was pretty fucking awesome.

The comedy was on-point (and very welcome!). The pacing was solid, the action was fast and enjoyable.

There was a time or two that the action scene imagery felt a bit excessive, but, really, that's mostly me looking for something negative to say.

Honestly, if this is a sign of things to come for the DCEU, we're in for some amazing movies after that rocky start. I'd happily put this movie up against any of the Marvel flicks, something I definitely couldn't say about any of the earlier DC movies.



Submitted May 25, 2017 at 11:50AM by NightGod http://ift.tt/2qYBCBZ

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health