Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Watching Coco while spending Thanksgiving alone was not a good idea. This is the most familial thing I've ever seen in my life.

I probably should have paid some attention to the marketing. All I gleaned from looking at posters was that it would be an escapist visual spectacle that I could enjoy by myself. And it is absolutely that, minus maybe the escapist part. Though I particularly liked the positive spin it puts on death, making me believe for a minute that death doesn't really exist, and is just "the next great adventure" like Dumbledore said. In all it's a fantastic, well made work of animation and storytelling that you might want to watch. Possibly not, mind you, but still. Happy Thanksgiving!

Edit: On reflection, this may have been too self-pitying. For the record, I enjoyed the fuck out of this film, and I highly recommend it. The familial aspects do get genuinely heavy towards the end, and do tug on the heartstrings, but that's what it's supposed to do.



Submitted November 24, 2017 at 12:56PM by dayvein http://ift.tt/2Ar3NRv

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health