Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Any popular director’s trademark you hate?

As the title says, is there any trademark a popular director uses that turns you away? Maybe its Kubrick’s long panning shots. Or maybe its Wes Anderson’s use of symmetry. For me, it’s the awkward acting/dialogue in many of David Lynch’s films. As much as I enjoyed the story of Mulholland Drive, its so hard for me to rewatch because of the tense and awkward dialogue. Same goes for Blue Velvet, and Twin Peaks. I’ve recently found a similar problem in Yorgos Lanthimos’ films. I understand it’s put there purposely but I’m not personally a fan.

Reminder: I didn’t post this to bash Lynch or Lanthimos, I have lots of respect for both artists, and I’m just interested in a discussion.



Submitted January 24, 2018 at 12:45AM by trevorr33 http://ift.tt/2n6kCbl

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health