Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Anyone else feels that "The Hateful Eight" (2015) is the most Tarantino-ish movie since his debut movies?

Recently I re-watched Tarantino's Hateful Eight. A movie I loved when it came out 3 (?) years ago. It was the first Quentin Tarantino movie I ever saw, and it made me want to watch all of this mans work and now he is one of my favorite directors ever.

I realized that there is some sort of "backlash" and criticism for the Hateful Eight since it is widely considered Tarantino's "worst" movie. 'Too many unnecessary dialogues, too much non-sense, too much blood' - but that's exactly what I love about the film. It reminded me so much of "Reservoir Dogs" (Tarantino's debut): All taking place in one big mysterious room; strangers coming together not trusting each other, some sort of betrayal happening, a lot of guy talk, a big amount of blood. The parallels are fascinating.

For me "The HateFul Eight" feels like the most Tarantino-ish movie, a movie he wanted to make 20 years ago but did not have the budget or studio acceptance. And yes, Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction may have a tighter script, but they haven't got the beautiful cinematography of The Hateful Eight. Combining the fantastic cinematography with a soundtrack of legendary Ennio Morricone (the guy who created my all time favorite movie soundtrack, well one of my all-time favorites) and you have a picture perfect setting and music.

Tarantino's newer movies have been comparably "strong" on plot, they are more focussed on telling the main story; Django Unchained or Inglorious Basterds. But The Hateful Eight feels like a throwback to Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs where, well the plot of course matters, but you don't necessarily watch it for the suspense. You watch it for the pure fun, for all the blood, all the violence, all the sex jokes and quotable dialogue.



Submitted July 29, 2018 at 06:27AM by IngobernableACE https://ift.tt/2mQzhrs

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health