Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I think about "Batman Forever" way too much when it's summer.

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I think this movie is as close to a Citizen Kane-esque red sled as I'm going to get...OK, not really.

But every freaking summer, this movie keeps popping into my head. In part, it's because I'm just excessively nostalgic. I find myself becoming wistful about the summer from my childhood when I was anticipating this movie to the point of delirium. I was obviously a Batman fan, but I was also a huge Jim Carrey fan, so the prospect of him playing the Riddler was just ridiculously exciting and it was like my day to day existence became 80% Batman Forever hype.

Chris O'Donnell as Robin may seem like whatever at this point, but it was also legitimately awesome back then. It's kind of crazy to think back on that now, as no one ever talks about O'Donnell's portrayal of Robin (it's pretty decent, I think), but it was an event if you were a certain age and you were familiar with the character. And Carrey's performance is still top-tier as far as comic book movies are concerned.

Looking at the poster for Batman Forever in 95 felt like you were looking at the most cutting edge, modern thing on the planet. It was like the particular shade of green on Riddler's suit somehow activated a new category of emotion.



Submitted July 29, 2018 at 10:26AM by the_darn_machinery https://ift.tt/2OpLUq7

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health