Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

The Void and Lack of (Good) Lovecraftian Horror Films

After having it on my list for some time, I finally sat down tonight and watched The Void.

I will preface this by saying that Lovecraft is my favorite horror author of all time. There has been a serious lack of quality Lovecraftian horror films for quite a while. For whatever reason, horror movies trend more towards ghosts and demons.

That said, I loved this film. I thought that The Void perfectly encapsulated everything Lovecraftian, and paid homage to 80's horror films while doing it.

The practical effects, while somewhat cheesy, were still incredibly done and I would take them over cheap CGI and jump scares any day.

I was surprised to find that The Void only has a 45% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Well, I guess I shouldn't say surprised. I think disappointed is a better way to put it.

In a genre saturated by sequels and mediocrity, I found The Void to be a breath of fresh air.



Submitted September 30, 2018 at 01:19PM by CelestianSevenStars https://ift.tt/2NVobSg

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health