Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

An American Werewolf in London (1981) remains to this day a classic of horror but one of the first of its kind - a horror comedy.

I watched this film the other night and it stood the test of 37 years now. John Landis who is coming off a shlockey comedy comes up with a stroke of genius in this film.

I remember seeing this film back when VHS was new and I was about 12 years old and for me it was a scary movie. I missed anything that might be comical. But the horror! So much horror! The grisly attack on Jack. The freaky-ass nazi nightmares. The dangling piece of flesh that drove me insane on jacks neck!

Then hearing on the night of the full moon, the perfect howl of the lycanthrope. There is not a better werewolf howl than this film.

I had heard at some point that there were a lot of inside Hollywood jokes in the film. My research recently did not produce anything that suggested this outside of it being a comedy.

If you have not seen this movie yet, it should be put into your Halloween rotation this year. The effects are all practical and amazing with great sort and acting all around. Lead actor David Naughton you might remember had a one hit single “Making It” in the late 70’s. And you will walk away with some great lines to remember.



Submitted October 24, 2018 at 07:38PM by mywordswillgowithyou https://ift.tt/2O2Ioke

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health