Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Bowfinger (1999) is such a great, unheralded comedy

I know the term 'underrated' gets bandied around to the point of redundancy, but whenever a conversation about classic comedy movies crops up, I always forget about this movie and it really does seem to be unheard of by a lot of people that I talk to.

Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy are so great together, in what was basically their last comedy hit. It has such an charming 'old school' feel to it and some genuinely hilarious moments. Eddie Murphy especially nails and puts in two effortlessly funny portrayals that couldn't be more different from each other.

Maybe the style of comedy is a little dated compared to what people expect now - it does feel a little bit 'last generation' as far as the laughs go - but I just find it such a genuine joy to watch. It just leaves a constant smile on my face whenever I see it.



Submitted October 29, 2018 at 06:31AM by DrBaggySmacker https://ift.tt/2Jm54em

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health