Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I feel like 'First Man' is already underappreciated...

Last night I finally got around to catching Damien Chazelle's new movie 'First Man' and it completely blew me away. From it's shift away from the traditional, all-encompassing perspective down to the internalized, personal experience of one man, to it's execution of space travel as realistic as I've ever seen on film, it was inspiring as hell.

I've seen people call this movie depressing, or even boring, and I don't really understand that. To me, this is one of the most important movies about space travel that I've ever seen. No movie before truly captured the pain and sacrifice it took to get to the moon, but also the terror of actually being aboard for the journey. It also pulled an 'Up' in the first 10 minutes that (as a new father) messed me up from the get-go.

I know early on, this movie had a lot of Oscar buzz but has since seemed to quiet down, possibly due to the bad/mediocre box-office performance. Sorry if this comes across as standard r/movies hyperbole, but I'm still pretty high on the movie, and I would love if it got some love at the Oscars, as I think it's a pretty excellent movie. What do/did you guys think of it?



Submitted November 26, 2018 at 01:53AM by Binary1138 https://ift.tt/2AnKXsf

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health