Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Are there any movies you love purely because of the situations in which you watched them?

I was thirteen when Thor: The Dark World was released. I'm a Marvel fan, so I saw it in theaters. Being thirteen, I didn't have much response to it other than "I liked it."

The following year, I was placed into a psychiatric treatment center. I'll spare you the sob story, but basically, I was thirteen, suicidal, and locked up 500 miles away from home. So it was a miserable time.

My unit had a small lounge area, complete with bulky plastic couches and a 20-inch TV. About once a week, we had a movie night. Surprisingly, psycho homes don't have great DVD collections. I remember watching Music and Lyrics and Without a Paddle: Nature's Calling. I must've expressed this to my mom during a visit, because one day in mid-March, a nurse there informed us that a patient's family member had donated a gift to us: a DVD copy of Thor: The Dark World.

So we watched it, and fuck. I had a blast. I cried when Frigga died, I cracked up through every poorly timed joke. I think we watched it two more times before I left. It was a piece of home, as corny as that sounds.

Now whenever I see someone drag it through the mud, I feel the bizarre urge to defend it. I don't, of course, because I've seen it a few times since, and wow, I really was starved for good movies back then if that's what I considered quality.

TL;DR: Saw Thor 2 during a hospitalization, fell in love with it.

I love reading about the connections people have with various movies, so what's your story? What movies are you attached to, for better or for worse?



Submitted January 30, 2019 at 08:23PM by specialtomebabe http://bit.ly/2TtOqxu

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health