Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Blade Runner 2049 captures so many themes that it requires so many viewings to understand them all

God this film is a masterpiece. Along with several other films (including The Shining and Vertigo), this film, in my opinion, is practically perfect in every way.

Every viewing I get enthralled by a new character and what it truly means at the core. The first time I watched it, it was obviously Joe (or K). Second, Joi. This time, I am completely convinced that Luv is one of the most layered characters in the film.

She reminds me of Roy Batty in so many ways. She wants so desperately to be human, to be someone “special”. She empathizes with her own “skin-jobs” and feels the need to take revenge on K’s wrong-doers. I love one of the first scenes that establishes her as no nonsense— where she kills Coco. Earlier, Coco makes some slightly racial comments about replicants and almost mockingly says “sorry” when K could hear the remark. To me, Luv had to have seen that play out to find where the bones were located, thus making her literally kill the man in seconds. The first time I watched that scene, I was like “Wow bitch okay just kill a guy for no reason”, the second time I was like “oh maybe she didn’t have the right credentials and snuck in?” And this time it’s “oh she had the right credentials, but she just wants to fuck him over because he’s basically racist towards replicants and she empathizes with her kind”.

GOD I cannot emphasize enough how layered and beautiful this film is— especially the characters. I really suggest watching the film multiple times, but focusing on a single character in the film. There’s symbolism everywhere and in every character. Luv to me was one of those where I absolutely despised her, but then learned to realize she’s literally just a slave of Wallace; bound to him and unable to break free from it, just as Roy Batty wanted to.



Submitted April 29, 2019 at 12:05PM by Furiosa_Ripley http://bit.ly/2J1pzPh

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health