Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Prometheus came out in 2012, seven years later it's okay to admit you liked the film

Since its release, which was justifiable at the time, Prometheus has been one of the go-to films cited as a bad example of XYZ during movie discussion. Hell yesterday I even had a quip with a redditor whose very name was an attempt at trolling the Prometheus name lol.

I get it, the film made a bunch of promises that it couldn't live up to, it was the return of the titular Alien director himself and the aborted second coming of buff space-Jesus we'd personally been gestating for the past 2000 years. But between the aforementioned quip and watching the RedLetterMedia Endgame review where for a brief moment the Prometheus engineer monolith poster was flashed, in 2019, still relevant to discussion today, I've realized the film was a success in what it set out to do if it's still being talked about. It's consistently been used as a standard for films that raise and confront heady themes despite what your average edgy redditor will have you believe.

I just wanted to get that off my chest because I've lowkey loved the movie since I saw it on release, no shame. Many faults aside, if the film is still in the back of people's mind when discussing pop culture titans like Endgame, I cannot fathom why it's still referred to with such embarrassed recognition.

EDIT: Since I seem to be drawing a lot of discussion back to the polarizing love-hate relationship people have with the film, I'm not arguing for one side or the other, I agree the film HAS its flaws which are worthy of critique, but it's been many years now since the movie came out and I think it's far more productive to accept the response to the film as a range of grey versus black/white mentality.



Submitted April 29, 2019 at 03:50AM by TheeLammergeier http://bit.ly/2XPTRZv

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health