Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I miss fun action films like Beverly Hills Cop, Speed, Die Hard, Con-Air & Point Break.

Later sequels, remakes or attempts at action films seem to either have this dreary, heavy, trying-to-be-serious-and-gritty thing or an awkward self-consciousness (e.g. Baby Driver) - either way it just kills the vibe. Without the fun and sense of oomph, I find the silliness of the plots just falls flat. Most attempts are just super-shit (e.g. Skyscraper, Commuter, Jack Reacher, Death Wish) or not very rewatchable (e.g The Accountant). I'm not sure why things went this way, but I miss these kinds of movies. I can't think of a single one since maybe Taken that has that high rewatchability factor, where if you happened to catch it on TV half way you'd find yourself compelled to finish it? I know a lot of you will likely say John Wick, Fast and Furious or MI films, but for some reason while they're ok, I don't fall in love with those movies in the same way.



Submitted July 21, 2019 at 05:53PM by XInsects https://ift.tt/2JJBLo2

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health