Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Mission Impossible 3 is a great example of how you revitalize a franchise without stepping on its history.

I saw MI1+2 and though I enjoyed both movies in somewhat superficial ways (2 is silly americanized John Woo and 1 has some great DePalma moments mixed in), part 3 blew my mind. I saw 3 because I was given free tickets through work, I had no interest in it initially, and I was shocked by how good it was.

Abrams and Cruise brought the series to a new level. What was once a somewhat dying, unexciting franchise, suddenly had great character development and exposition.

Obviously, Christopher McQuarrie brought the series to a whole new level years later, but I just wanted to say how impressive it is that they took this series to a new place when no one was expecting much from it anymore (my dog wasn’t very interested in my commentary). Abrams gets a lot of shit for his involvement in Star Trek and Star Wars, but this is a pretty clear, non-debatable example of his ability to steer something in the right direction.

Also, Hoffman pulls off one of the best villains in cinematic history, let’s be honest. RIP.



Submitted July 27, 2019 at 11:05AM by CashMcClane https://ift.tt/2JUncOu

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health