Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Go see Peter Jackson’s WWI doc “They Shall Not Grow Old.” It’s coming back to theaters in December

Not sure what the rules are on this sub so I won’t specifically mention their name, but the events company that put on last year’s showings of Peter Jackson’s WWI documentary “They Shall Not Grow Old” is bringing it back to theaters for three nights in December.

I cannot recommend this movie enough. It is spectacular. It brings to life a war that I personally knew very little about in a haunting, visually stunning way.

If you are not familiar with “They Shall Not Grow Old,” Peter Jackson and his team took hundreds of hours of archived black and white footage from WWI and colorized it. They included audio from old interviews with WWI veterans retelling different events and circumstances, and it really immerses you in it. It is amazing how much society has changed. The way they fought and existed in the trenches is brutally real. I almost had to turn away several times from the sheer savagery of their experience.

This was probably the most memorable moviegoing experience for me in 2018, and I recommend you take advantage of seeing it while it is in theaters. I’ll probably see you there, since I missed Peter Jackson’s 30 minute post-credits interview and explanation of how they made the movie, which many people have mentioned was fantastic.



Submitted November 24, 2019 at 05:18AM by nategolon https://ift.tt/2XMgK1d

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health