Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Can someone explain to me why Joker is such a revered movie?

I actually do not understand why people consider it a masterpiece, everytime I see someone say a criticism about it, ther either comes a wave of vitriol towards that person because they had something negative to say.

I don't think Joker is awful by any means, I think it's good... not great.

It has interesting cinematography, Joaquin Phoenix is amazing in it, the soundtrack is great (even if a bit blunt), it's a competent movie.

But... I don't see how people think it's such a fantastic 11/10 movie ever.

Is it because the concept is new for mainstream audiences? I know that the comparisons are tiring but I'm sorry, they're completely true, this movie feels like King Of Comedy and Taxi Driver mixed in one.

And while taking inspirations from other movies isn't bad, I feel like Joker is kind of shallower in comparison, and it has less stuff in it to actually discuss.

The characters aside from Arthur don't feel like actual human beings, they feel like plot devices, so that Arthur can reach to the part which he becomes the Joker.

The isn't much stuff to analyze aside from Joaquin Phoenix improvisations, everything else feels like an easily digestible story about a man becoming a villain.

Plus, the absurdity of it all (Arthur not being detained, him not being checked for dangerous objects on him to go on a live show, etc.) just took me out or the movie, I would've accepted if it were trying to be a comic book story, but it clearly wants to be taken seriously.

This movie feels like one of those that when the hype dies down, people will think more about it and realize it's really not the most amazing movie ever, like The Force Awakens.

Do I think is a bad movie? Not at all, but I legitimately don't understand why people love it so much.



Submitted January 24, 2020 at 06:45PM by Buttfacing https://ift.tt/2NWoOc3

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health