Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Damn, Knives Out is fun to watch

blacking out spoilers below

Sorry if I'm late to the game on this. I've got an 8-month-old and haven't gotten out to the movies much in that time.

I just wanted to say that this was probably the most fun, first watch of any movie since Grand Budapest Hotel. I just couldn't turn away. For being kind of a murder-mystery, who-done-it kind of flick, it never felt stressful. It was just pure enjoyment all the way through. Literally from the first shot the shot of the house with the fog rolling through while the German Shepherds run in slow motion toward the camera through the fallen leaves to the last standing on the balcony looking down on the family in the driveway while drinking from the mug that said "my house, my rules, my coffee" it was beautiful to watch.

I'm not even going to get into the plot twists, character arcs, foreshadowing, etc... it was so well thought out that I'd be writing this post for hours if I really tried to cover all of my thoughts and feelings about it.

On a less fun note, I have to admit that I was wrong about Rian Johnson. I did not enjoy The Last Jedi and told myself that Rian Johnson just didn't have what it takes to make anything good. I was way wrong. Knives Out was fantastic and I'm sorry, Mr. Johnson.

Seriously, I'll double-down on what I said earlier and say this was the most fun I've had watching a movie for the first time, since the first time I watched Grand Budapest Hotel (which is in my top 5). Knives Out is probably in my top 10, and I'm confident it will only work its way up the more times I watch it through the years.



Submitted January 25, 2020 at 07:37AM by CMengel90 https://ift.tt/2sZhlBO

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health