Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Knives Out is phenomenal and I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.

The murder mystery trope is great, its really hard to mess up and is almost never not entertaining. But what can happen is the tropes that go along with it get tired and make it hard to watch over and over. You'll only get one watch out of it most of the time.

Also I really didn't know what to expect given that I didn't see it in theaters and didn't really follow reviews of it. It being Rian's follow up to Last Jedi also gave me some questions. I didn't really hold Last Jedi against him and apart of Canto Blight being one of Star Wars worst plot ever, the movies ideas were pretty solid and overblown by fans.

So I went into this movie with very small expectations and I was blown away. Ana de Armas surprised the hell out of me, the idea of basically making her the protagonist was genius and really took the genre to very cool direction. Rian also did a very great job of not making the ensemble gimmicky.

All the performances serve a part and really wove the film together pretty well. None of the twists seem to be forced to be just surprising and shocking, every thread of the film pays off at the end perfectly.

A+, Rian is a really talented filmmaker and Chris Evans, Michael Shannon and Ana huge standouts. I really dig Daniel Craig's Colonel Sanders as well and I can't wait for the sequel.



Submitted February 19, 2020 at 07:32AM by Sofargonept2 https://ift.tt/2uNtkU4

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health