Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Children of Men (2006) is a beautifully depressing film.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead for Children of Men.

I watched this film for the first time yesterday, and I am utterly speechless by how amazing it was. Clive Owen’s performance was spectacular, and this was the first film of his I watched, so I’ll have to see more of what he has done.

The use of extended shots, was brilliant, because we as an audience get to see the terrors unfolding in real time.

It honestly surprised me how early Julian (Julianne Moore) died in the film. I’m not exactly sure, but I don’t think she made it through halfway before she died.

I really enjoyed Chiwetel Ejiofor as the main villain. He was really captivating, and he made me hate his character so much. His character thought he was doing good, but he was really harming Kee.

It was honestly a very depressing film. The scene that will always haunt me, is the scene when Miriam is kicked off the bus by the guard and the last we see of her is her having a bag out on her head, presumably to be killed. I will never forget that scene.

Clare-Hope Ashitey also delivered (no pun intended) an amazing performance as Kee. Her acting was so good in this film. I felt real sadness for her character, what it would be like to be the odd one out in an infertile world.

All in all, it was an excellent film that deserves all the recognition it got, and more. Michael Caine was a pleasant surprise. I didn’t really think he would be the type of guy to play a hippie like Jasper, but he pulled it off really well. Alfonso Cuarón directed the film in a jarring and realistic way. Review over.



Submitted June 24, 2020 at 03:21PM by Big-Main https://ift.tt/37Yb7lJ

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health