Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Hook is such a fun movie and every bit as fun as I remember as a kid. A little Bob Hoskins adds magic to everything.

I was pretty hesitant to rewatch Hook (1991). I remember seeing it as a kid several times, and loving it.

So naturally I was a bit afraid to rewatch it as an adult. Especially since it isn’t rated very highly. I avoided it for many years, and was somewhat unsure if I should show it to my own kids, since I remember a lot of “angry yelling dad” moments.

We split it up into two nights, but it’s every bit as fun as I remembered. The cast is fantastic, Bob Hoskins as Smee is STILL my favorite, and I think the story is even better from a parents’ perspective.

There are a couple of weird choices in there for sure (mostly involving tinker bell) and you can feel the editing around a few scenes where you can tell something was cut out. Overall though, I was surprised how long it actually is, because it never feels it.

There’s something to be said about 80s/90s big budget Hollywood movies where all the money shows up on screen. The sets all feel like movie sets— but what incredible ones. They certainly don’t build many sets like that anymore.

Maybe it’s not one of Spielberg’s best, but there’s still something quite amazing and fun about the one he did right before Jurassic Park and Schindler’s List.



Submitted June 23, 2020 at 08:20AM by SuperNintendad https://ift.tt/2Ze0fML

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health