Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Ikiru (1952) annihilated me

For once this isn't hyperbole.

This film is genuinely one of the most beautiful, yet incredibly depressing films I've ever seen.

It hit way too close to home for me, and I guess in a way it should affect everyone, it encompasses life itself after all.

I was raging with hatred, smiling with joy, and then bawling my eyes out by the end.

The ending is so painfully pessimistic that it hurts to accept its truth.

I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but damn does it make me hate people in general. Myself particularly after this.

It's a film that fills you with joy, only to destroy it brutally by the end. Think the graduate, but intentional, and a hundred times worse.

Undoubtedly there will be comments stating how this didn't affect them anywhere near as much, which is fair enough. But damn did this hit me hard personally.

Kurosawa you genius, I absolutely hate you.



Submitted August 26, 2020 at 09:03AM by PM__Me-_your__tits https://ift.tt/34zEhrt

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health