Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Fried Green Tomatoes shaped me as a person

I’m not going to do a good job putting this into words.

I was probably 11 years old when I first watched this film. The female led cast telling a female led story was so different and refreshing and empowering. The acting was so good. The story was great—both stories actually, Kathy Bates’ more current story versus Mary Stuart Masterson’s past story. The friendship between Mary-Louise Parker (Ruth) and Mary Stuart Masterson (Idgie) felt so genuine. Same with Kathy Bates (Evelyn) and Jessica Tandy (Ninny). Ninny/Idgie inspiring Evelyn to be the person she really wanted to be was so inspiring; it felt like Ninny was inspiring me personally. The kindness and generosity of Evelyn taking Ninny into her home at the end of the film has stayed with me through the past 20+ years of my life. I never questioned Idgie killing Ruth’s violent husband to protect her. The film made clear what is right and wrong in the most plain way. I’m so glad I saw this movie as a young person.

It’s a film that I don’t often think of whenever I wonder about my top favorite films, but it’s definitely one of my favorites and has had a huge impact on me as a person.



Submitted September 27, 2020 at 01:10PM by bradochazo https://ift.tt/3mVVAdm

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health