Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Not Another Teen Movie deserves way more love than it seems to get.

I saw a post yesterday about how Easy A redefined the teen movie and while I don't disagree, I would add that it had to, because NATM was the end of the line for the sexed-up comedies that preceded it. And IMO, its Rotten Tomatoes and general review scores are nonsense.

I wrote this while drunk but I post it while sober:

I recently rewatched this, and honestly, I'd like to tell you that it was better than I remembered. But ya know what? It wasn't. It was exactly as good as I remember it. It is hysterically funny and I laughed pretty much constantly, even though I remembered most of the jokes line-for-line. NATM is the capstone parody of TWO DECADES of paint-by-numbers teen movies. It rendered even parodies of these movies obsolete. There was no point afterward. The Simpsons did it.

It is every bit as shallow as the movies it's making fun of. There is no nuance here, and there never was. But just because it's shallow doesn't mean it isn't honed to a razor's edge: Every single line is a joke or a setup for one. There is no wasted breath, line, or shot. I'm not saying that every single joke lands, but they simply don't stop coming.

This cast is amazing. Randy Quaid is incredible. Chris Evans is incredible. He hasn't aged a single day (except for that shot where they age Cap (which was silly, because he'll probably still look the same he does now at age 80+)).

Believe in the ball, and throw yourself. I love this movie and I think more people should love it too. If you ever gave it a shot, please give it another one. If you never have, please do.

Thank you for your time.



Submitted September 22, 2020 at 10:12PM by omgimonfire https://ift.tt/3kxZ6bE

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health