Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I just noticed a really strange moment of censorship on the Amazon Prime version of American Psycho.

Anyone who's seen the film is well aware of the scene where Patrick brings two sex workers to his apartment. He awkwardly flirts with them Not understanding how humans speak and tries to orchestrate his own bizarre erotic video.

There's a scene where he tells the worker he named Christie to get on her knees so the worker he named Sabrina can see her asshole. It's not even the most offensive or disturbing part of that scene. I've seen the movie a few times in the past month, I'm positive he said "asshole." But I was watching it again tonight on Amazon Prime, the Ultra HD version, and he said "ass," with an uncomfortable cut in the middle of an obviously unfinished word.

I don't like this at all. Even ignoring how completely unnecessary and inconsequential it is, and ignoring how poorly it's done, I don't like when the channels we get movies through don't notify us of how our movies have been changed by their service. It feels disingenuous and extremely distracting.

Edit: /u/AdamSandlerYaBish cleared this up in a comment below, apparently I was used to watching the unrated version and Amazon used the R Rated version.



Submitted November 26, 2020 at 09:57AM by IanMazgelis https://ift.tt/3mcJpIc

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health