Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Dunkirk is a very different war movie, and I enjoyed every second of it.

Firstly, it deserved all its Oscars for audio editing/mixing and montage. This looks beautiful.

With that out of the way, I loved how there was little fighting and battle scenes. I’m used to movies like Saving Private Ryan, Hacksaw Ridge and so many others that present a lot of scenes of infantryman gunfights that seeing just ONE scene (in the beginning, no less, right before Tommy reaches the shores of Dunkirk alone) was very surprising!

The movie mostly focus on the desperate measures the soldiers take to try and get on a boat home and they don’t really fight throughout the movie. Most of the fighting is presented in the shape of the two Spitfire pilots sent to assist in the evacuation of the troops, and I was on the edge of my seat for all of the dogfights.

I think the pacing is a bit janky, the movie cuts back and forth from the various perspectives of the characters, but I could follow what was going on nonetheless. In fact, it made those scenes more satisfying and tense, knowing the details of what was at stake.

I know the movie is 3 years old, but I had to share how much I enjoyed this movie. It was very different from all of the war movies I’ve watched so far, given its setting. Does anyone have any recommendations of other war movies that may be similar to this one?



Submitted December 29, 2020 at 08:08AM by Doomguy1234 https://ift.tt/2KHjmLL

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health