Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Lost In Translation is amazing.

I had my honeymoon in Tokyo 2 years go and it all still feels so fantastic and familiar yet weird to me, and Sofia captured that so well. The cinematography is amazing as is the script, they really got a down to earth, casual, chance meeting to feel so meaningful and beautiful.

Out of his films I've seen, this is my favourite of Bill Murray's. He is just fantastic playing a funny, insomiac, possibly depressed bloke who is going through a difficult time in his life. And Scarlett Johansson, what a damn good performance at such a young age. Their casual hang outs are such good fun and then the juxtaposed hotel room/bar scenes are sublime and emotional as you can see the struggles they are both, at the same time, sharing and hiding from themselves in a way.

But that ending, I saw it a first time a year ago and loved it but seeing it tonight and really feeling it after feeling liked I've aged 10 years in 2020 it really pulled me in and I was crying like a little bitch once they kissed and said goodbye.

I'm not great at conveying my words, but damn, this is a hell of special movie and most likely my #1.



Submitted December 29, 2020 at 08:33AM by Cervix-Pounder https://ift.tt/37TPbJT

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health