Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Soul is my favourite Pixar movie since Wall-E

I feel as though Pixar has never managed to get back to its stride since the 00's, when every single movie (except Cars) were original and gripping in ways almost no other studio, animated or not, could compete with. But after Toy Story 3 none of their new releases has excited me as much as Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Wall-E did. I have still appreciated most of their new originals, but films like Inside Out and Coco never had stories that held up as well for me personally.

So I went into Soul imagining it would be Inside Out 2.0, and the idea didn't excite me, but I was pretty quickly proven wrong. The concept is similar, exploring themes of what makes a person an individual, but Soul has its feet on the ground while simultaneously being more abstract which was a combination that worked just right for me - my favourite aspect of the film was how they had portrayed some godlike figures as nothing but a bunch of swirly lines and then seeing these lines interacting with the real world.

Overall the film manage to better execute their very original story concept better than any other Pixar movie since Wall-E (in my humble opinion), while also giving me the warmth that only animated movies at the top of their game can. I think this is one for the ages.



Submitted December 25, 2020 at 10:36PM by Garliq https://ift.tt/3hjSe1h

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health