Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

''Independence Day'' 1996 is my favorite disaster movie.

I freaking love this movie. It's not just my favorite disaster movie, it's one of my favorite movies ever. I think it's because Independence Day is a movie that combiens two things I love about Cinema. Those two things are science fiction and disaster movies. I love science fiction. I love anything about aliens or outer space. And I'm a fan of disaster movies. From the ones from the 70s like ''Earthquake'' and ''The Towering Inferno'' to the ones from the 90s and early 2000s like Volcano or Armageddon or The Day After Tomorrow.

I also love The Day After Tomorrow, but the problem with The Day After Tomorrow is it's pacing on it's second hour. Like once the characters get stuck in that library in New York they just sit around and not much until the ending. But Independence Day doesn't have this problem. In Independence Day there's always something going on. Independence Day is better paced.

Independence Day is such a well made movie. It's story it's simple but also big in scale. Aliens come down to Earth and they just want to kill us all. Nothing more nothing less. This movie surprisingly does a great job depicting how people would react if huge alienships showed up. Some people would be scared and flee in their cars, other people would be exited and gleeful and would go to the top of buildings with signs to welcome the aliens. Other people would think it's the apocalypse predicted in the Bible. This movie is very ''realistic'' in that sense. This movie also has colorful characters. Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Will Smith and the rest of the supporting cast. The characters in this movie are not complex but they're charming.

I'm not saying Independence Day is a marterpiece. Obviously there's way better movies out there. But when it comes to a mindless popcorn movie. Independence Day delivers the goods.



Submitted February 20, 2021 at 11:58AM by Fair_Expert_651 https://ift.tt/3aDIA7K

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health