Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

The older I’ve gotten, the more I’ve come to appreciate westerns. Especially the scenery!

When I was a kid, my grandfather or dad or uncles would often put on western movies when we’d have like a guy’s night in (typically my dad, me, my cousin, uncle & grandfather or some subset of that). I grew up hating westerns because they were so damn long. But as I’ve gotten older (bearing in mind I’m only 23) I’ve really come to love and appreciate everything about western movies, especially more recent ones (made from the 1990s onwards) like Tombstone, 3:10 to Yuma remake, True Grit remake, Unforgiven, Hostiles and Young Guns.

I also like the whole modern western subgenre that encompasses works like Justified, Longmire and The Last Stand.

There’s something about the western genre where I think it really captures themes like adventure, friendship, struggle/hero’s journey, etc, in a way that few genres do. The other thing they REALLY do well is scenery. That beautiful scenery 👌

I think the reason I didn’t like westerns growing up is I was always shown those older ones where 90% of the movie was John Wayne on horseback firing shots every now and then. As gunfight effects and co-ordination have improved I think it’s really allowed the genre to go above and beyond and I wish we’d see more westerns get made more often, even if only modern westerns.



Submitted February 21, 2021 at 12:07PM by AA005555 https://ift.tt/3dz4wmG

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health