Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Bill had every right to throw that bedpan at Patch Adams

The older I get, the more I completely identify with Bill, the pancreatic cancer guy in Patch Adams, than I do with Patch Adams. If I'm dying of cancer, and some med school student I've never met before wakes me up out of chemo treatment by massaging my feet and singing me some song about "blue skies", you can damn well bet I'm throwing my bedpan at him. Not only is that creepy, especially since he's incapacitated, but it's also incredibly condescending. Bill had every right to be angry at life, and angry at Patch, and Patch should go work out his own issues himself without resorting to making himself feel better by "comforting people" to whom that comfort is anything but.

I still appreciate the movie, but grownup me realizes Bill did nothing wrong and did not need any redemption.



Submitted March 20, 2021 at 12:33PM by karlverkade https://ift.tt/3vItXbQ

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health