Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

500 Days of Summer - What a Letdown!

This is my first post and hopefully I don’t get downvoted to hell since I know this is a really well liked movie. I remember when this movie was released and it has always been one on my watch list. I finally sat down to watch it tonight and I really disliked it.

The reason? I can’t stand the character that is Summer. I think she’s awful. She’s patronizing, arrogant, and totally self-serving. I’m not saying the character of Tom was so amazing and great in juxtaposition, I just think she was stand-alone awful. Yes I know she was honest about being “casual” but in all reality she totally led him on! Then she invites him to that party…not mentioning that she’s in a very serious relationship knowing he still has feelings for her? What a mean, selfish thing to do.

And that conversation on the bench at the end was just so aggravating. Instead of actually owning up to the fact that she did a very callous thing she shrugs and says “because I wanted to”. She was pretty awful to him and while he’s clearly emotionally hurting she’s just batting her eyes and giggling away. I couldn’t stand watching her.

Ugh what a letdown I would never watch this movie again.

And that’s my rant for the day.



Submitted June 14, 2021 at 10:29AM by justaBee43 https://ift.tt/3xmVoIb

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health