Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

How am I supposed to believe the ending of „The Game“ (1997)?

I just watched „The Game“ with Michael Douglas for the first time. I really liked it, it managed to surprise me multiple times, I started being as paranoid as Nicholas himself never knowing what is actually part of the game, who lies or who tells the truth. I liked it when Christine started to panick because of the gun and there was really lots of suspense when they opened the door on the roof. Is she lying to trick him into lowering the gun or is there actually his brother behind the door? Does he believe her and get killed by CRS? Doesn’t he believe her and shoots his brother? The door opened, he shot his brother and jumped down the building. Great ending.

Only it wasn’t the end and what happened next kinda ruined the movie. He jumped down the exact spot where they prepared the glas and placed a cushion. Ok, it’s extremely unlikely he chooses the one spot to jump where he doesn’t die but I could let Fincher get away with this with some suspension of disbelief. But then Nicholas stands up, they explain him it was all just a prank and he is cool with it? WTF? He went through hell the last couple of days. They made him believe he killed his brother what hit him so hard he wanted to kill himself. Nicholas suffered so much and he takes it as if someone has put toothpaste on his doorknob? And not only does he forgive everyone and just celebrates his birthday with the people who are responsible for the most terrible time of his life, no, he also pays voluntarily half of the massive bill and goes on a date with the woman who did this to him.

If this would be me I would never in my life see anyone involved in this again. It’s absolutely unbelievable how Nicholas reacted in the end. It’s still a great movie, but next time I watch it I just stop right after he jumps down the building.



Submitted June 14, 2021 at 08:18AM by Kinc4id https://ift.tt/3vfNCP2

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health