Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I think the first 15 minutes of Suspiria (1977) is one of the strongest openings of all time.

Allow me to gush for a moment.

Rewatched Suspiria last night, it’s quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite films. Something really stood out to me this time, though.

This will probably come across as hyperbolic, but I truly mean what I’m saying - I honestly can’t think of a film that I’ve seen that has a stronger opening. The first 15 minutes or so of Suspiria are completely perfect in my eyes, and expertly sets the tone for the rest of the film. Suzy arriving at the academy during the storm while Pat is frantically fleeing at the same time. The murder/hanging sequence. Drenched in color, filled with iconic imagery, and driven by the incredible soundtrack by Goblin.

Next time you watch Suspiria, keep that in mind! I think the ending of the film is nearly equally as strong. What a film, I can’t stop thinking about it.

What do you guys think? Also, happy Father’s Day to all you dads out there!



Submitted June 20, 2021 at 11:40PM by radbrad7 https://ift.tt/3gNc4C7

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health