Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Should Denis Villeneuve had done what Peter Jackson did with "The Lord of the Rings" and filmed both "Dune" movies back to back to avoid what is going on now?

I'm usually a pessimist so bare with me. Denis Villeneuve is saying he'll only get to make "Dune: Part Two" if the first movie either does well or isn't a major money loser.

I want to say "Dune" will make a lot of money, that it will perform like "King Kong vs Godzilla" but I have to be a realist. With a HBO Max release on the same date and seen for free, I don't see "Dune" performing well and with that, very little chance of us getting a sequel. Sure, movie buffs might fall in love with the movie, go support it, but they don't represent the majority of the public.

What I found to be foolish was them not making the movies back to back instead of choosing to go with this concept. So if "Dune" had flopped, then we'd be left with an incomplete narrative. Even before the pandemic, "Dune" was already a risky project, so why not film the entire saga by making both movies? Too expensive, I guess, but at least, we'd have the full story on film and we wouldn't have to worry about box-office numbers so we could get the rest of the story on Film.

It's unfortunate for Denis Villeneuve and his vision but also for the fans of the book and cinephiles. I want to be positive but there are too many obstacles. If only they delayed "Dune" and made it exclusive for theaters.



Submitted August 22, 2021 at 08:01PM by Ren_Celluloid https://ift.tt/3D5SHyt

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health