Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Elysium is a much better movie than I remembered

So I respect Neil Blomkamp's work and storytelling ability, but I never really connected much with any of his movies. I thought District 9 was innovative and good movie, but it just didn't stick with me. I really disliked Chappie, even though I can still appreciate the story and tone. I also had a so so reaction to Elysium, but now I realize that was my fault. It felt like it was marketed as a futuristic super hero movie and so that's what I expected when I saw it.

But today I rewarched it and was riveted. First of all, over the years I've become more concerned with the current situation on our planet, and now as I watch dystopian movies, it's very clear to me that 100% rich ppl will deadass leave the "have nots" to a rotting planet while the earth perishes. I felt some justice watching this movie I didn't expect to feel.

The action moves fast! The stylistic elements and CGI merge perfectly.



Submitted September 20, 2021 at 11:21AM by prima_facie2021 https://ift.tt/3hNNe6A

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health