Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Osmosis Jones is a movie that deserves a rewatch as an adult.

It's far more than a few sex jokes that go over kids' heads. The entire thing is soaked in dialogue that kids wouldn't understand.

My favorite joke:

Jones (black-voiced beat cop white-cell who grew up poor): So where you from?

Drix (white voiced sophisticated roboguy from a pill): I was created in the University of Chicago. I graduated Phi Beta Capsule. I got my FDA approval in colds and multisymptom relief. What school did you go to?

Jones: Pfff, school? My high school was crack central. (begins explaining how he grew up in the buttcrack of the body)

The whole movie is just soaked in satire and homage of "mismatched buddy cops" genre. Lawrence Fishburne is effortlessly cool as the villain, and the way it blends biology into tropes is hilarious. (Jones, touching a black and white picture): Ever since we came over on the umbilical cord, we've been cops...did you know you know my grandad fought the measles?

Yeah the live action scenes rely too much on gross out humor, but the movie cuts quite sharply when it comes to social commentary.



Submitted September 18, 2021 at 06:12AM by provocatrixless https://ift.tt/3nKvKvG

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health