Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

So I knew nothing about 'Dune' and went in blind and boy is it amazing.

Not to spoil anything, but this is a monumental film. From start to finish I got a sense of tension and that something bad or violent was going to happen. The music score is tremendous. I had no idea who did the score going in but throughout the movie I was thinking this man or woman deserves more work after this film. To my surprise and delight, this was Hans Zimmer. Probably his best work since The Dark Knight/Rises imo.

Felt totally original and I didn't hear of notes or anything from Man of Steel, Gladiator or TDK, etc.

The visuals are a breakthrough imo as are the set and costume designs. You know films that are heavy on CGI and you know it's CGI the whole time, BUT not taking away any enjoyment (maybe the immersion factor).

I know is blasphemy to compare new films with old classics, but I personally can say this is the best use of CGI and fx for it's time, much like Alien (79) and Terminator 2 had been in theirs. Wow! The CGI didn't detract from anything, and I can argue it enhanced the film greatly since lots of what we see are so futuristic yet somehow relatable

The film really reminds me much of the original Blade Runner, first Alien and Star Wars A New Hope in terms of atmosphere and mood. Having seen BR for the first time last year, it has a similar impact on me as an adult as classic movies had impact on me when I was still a teen.

The theater I was at had some youngsters and hopefully this film will inspire or evoke something in them, unlike anything else.

In my head, I am comparing Dune against Infinity War and Endgame, and the action, CGI, etc aren't even on the same playing field.

I am hoping Part 2 will be almost as good as this. Dune pt 1 set a very high bar imo.

Lastly, if you haven't been to a theater all year, this film is worth seeing in theater. It stands heads and shoulders over any 2021 release online or in theaters imo, including NTTD (which is incredible)



Submitted October 26, 2021 at 12:06AM by Becksploder https://ift.tt/3GeO5YB

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health