Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

The state of previews in cinemas is ridiculous

I'm tired of being guilted into supporting theaters when I may or may not have to sit through over 30 minutes of previews after the start time.

"See Dune in theaters, you should support good cinema." Sure, I'll give it a shot, how about 3:30? I get there at 3:30, psyched to see a great movie on the big screen, 4:05 comes around and another long preview for a movie I have zero interest in starts.

It's infuriating to come to a theater, taking time out of my day, to have such an unreasonable amount of it wasted. I want to relax, not do absolutely nothing while being force fed media that has nothing to do with what I came to see.

I can stream this at home, I have a nice setup, I don't need my time wasted. It's hard to defend a "movie theater experience" when this is what I have to deal with. There's no magic of the cinema when you can't even rely on seeing what you want to see when you want to see it. I can't block out extra hours of time for endless ads.

It's like starting a YouTube video and getting an unskippable 30 minute ad, except I drove somewhere and paid for the video.

And for those who I'm sure will say to always show up late, it's not the same amount of time on every occasion. It could be 10 minutes of previews, or somehow 35; there's no way to know, and frankly I shouldn't have to.



Submitted October 28, 2021 at 06:36AM by Moogy_C https://ift.tt/3ClG7uo

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health