Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Why you should watch The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man covers the Last years of John Merrick (John Hurt), a real 19th century man who had a still unknown condition that caused his body and face to be horribly deformed for his entire life, and the Surgeon who tries to help him (Anthony Hopkins).

It's got some big names, David Lynch directs, Mel Brooks produced it (It's not a comedy, which is why he wasn't credited) Anthony Hopkins, and Kenny Baker (The guy inside R2 D2).

But that's not why I think you should watch this. I think you should watch this because film does something that pictures and Wikipedia articles can't: It can Humanize a person. It takes the random disfigured guy you stumbled upon and turns him into someone you feel sympathy for.

I don't know. I knew while reading and researching him I knew he was mentally perfectly fine, but the Movie really opens your eyes. The one person who looks the least like a human is possibly the most human of us all. He can barely talk. He can't sleep like normal people. He's not even 25, but he's gone through more pain than most of us will ever see.

I sometimes cry at the end of movies. But this is the first movie I can remember that's hit me just as hard as the first time. Because what this movie sums up in a tagline, it can also prove to you:

"I am not an Animal! I am a Human Being! I am a Man!"



Submitted October 31, 2021 at 11:17AM by SpyAmongIncels https://ift.tt/3ms2OaI

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health