Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Children of Men is scarier now than it was when it was released. Anyone else rewatch it lately?

I remember seeing this movie on Christmas in the theaters in 2006 and it shocked me with how good it was.

Now it shocks me because it feels like a future we are heading toward, and quickly.

The way refugees are treated. The environmental catastrophe they live in...with infrastructure so corroded that there is trash lining the street. War and disease are everywhere.

The movie feels too real at times. I think it does best what other dystopian films usually don't achieve, and that's show a world that isn't ours but is plausible.

Even in 2006 it felt less real than it does now. I don't think there's a better movie out there to rewatch under the current political climate.

Anyone else revisit this movie lately?



Submitted November 24, 2021 at 01:13PM by xboxvalhalla21 https://ift.tt/3CNQo1y

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health